Are you a teacher, parent, social worker, psychologist or educational leader frustrated and burnt out with the outcomes of your school, the never-ending requirements from the state and federal mandates for school standards and the endless problems happening within the school through student behavior? If so you’re in the right place.
Education has never been more ready to transform and here’s how we know it:
What is the answer to all of this trauma, pain and brokenness? How do we serve our kids while still serving our role as an educator to hit educational benchmarks and standards? How are we expected to continue in our job without making this about the WHOLE student and not just test scores and cookie cutter solutions? We believe it’s found in the power and impact of Social Emotional Learning (SEL).
We’re honored to partner alongside Purpose Prep to offer the best in class SEL curriculum and giving you the opportunity to win a SEL grant for your classroom, school or district.
We are going to be giving away through a sponsored grant 50 different site licenses for Fall 2019 to Fall 2020 school year to access the entire Purpose Prep Content Suite for your students in K12 schools and districts.
WHO CAN SUBMIT & WHEN?
Teachers, school building leader, social worker, district leader or any school or district educational staff facilitating the SEL or WHOLE student development initiatives.
- The 2019 application process will opened from May 1st to June 15th, 2019.
- Awarded grants will be granted between June 25 to August 15th, 2019.
- Program access and implementation will be done between August 1-30, 2019.
WHAT MAKES THE PURPOSE PREP CONTENT SUITE SO SPECIAL?
The company has collaborated with 100s of thought leaders in both education and other industries to develop its curriculum, Purpose Prep has landed partnerships with top educational companies and distributers in the nation and the program has 70 dynamic and world renowned teachers and is constantly growing, improving and expanding its offerings.
Right now they have 235+ instructional hours with 100 topic modules containing over 500 lessons. They’ve been grouped into seven life changing courses:
- Personal Development
- Character & Leadership Development
- Mental Health & Wellness
- College & Career Readiness
- Intro to Today’s Technology
- Unlock Your Purpose
- Social & Emotional Success
All seven courses have been aligned to the 5 CASEL.org competencies and we’re designed initially to the standards and sub competencies! Many curriculums white their old product as SEL but not Purpose Prep!
The Purpose Prep Content Suite Covers Seven Major Outcomes:
- Improved SEL Skills: Self-awareness, Self-management, Social-awareness, Responsible Decision Making & Relationship Building Skills
- Reduces Emotional Distress
- Reduces Problem Behaviors
- Improves Positive Social Interaction
- Enhanced School/Classroom Culture
- Improved Teaching Practices
- Improved Academic Performance & Outcomes
Purpose Prep believes that in order to know a curriculum is effective you have to be able to measure the change you are instilling within students! Here are a few statistical significant findings from one school that used the program for a semester.
65% knowing how to resolve conflict
106% knowing how to cope with stress
50% reduction in disruptive and noncompliant behavior
50% in knowing how to set and achieve goals
56% knowing how to handle a crisis, hardship or difficulty
50% knowing how to cope with anxiety
40% prepared to improve a situation with a toxic/unhealthy relationships
22% reduction in aggressive behavior
65% knowing how to cope wiht depression
Still wondering why the Purpose Prep Content Suite is so special? The creators of the curriculum have experience in working in over 30 countries with over 250,000 youth and 100s of schools. The company believes in keeping the WHOLE student programming human and relational and that is why they are partnering to bring SEL to schools in need through Compassionate Touch!
You can also learn more about the Purpose Prep program from the founder here: CLICK HERE
WHAT IS CASEL.ORG & WHY DOES IT MATTER?
CASEL standards for The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning. It has defined SEL for more than two decades and brought 1,000s of leading thought experts, schools, educators and officials together to proliferate the need and impact of effective and systemic SEL practices. It drives nationwide research, guide practice and inform policy. Here are their five major competencies for what SEL looks like:
- Self Awareness – The ability to accurately recognize one’s own emotions, thoughts, and values and how they influence behavior.
- Self Management – The ability to view situations from another perspective, respect the social and cultural norms of others, and celebrate diversity.
- Social Awareness – The ability to take the perspective of and empathize with others, including those from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Relationship Skills – The ability to communicate clearly, listen well, cooperate with others, resist inappropriate social pressure, negotiate conflict constructively, and seek and offer help when needed.
- Responsible Decision Making – The ability to make choices that consider the well-being of oneself and others.
CASEL matters as they have built a great framework for systemic SEL and how it effects students and Purpose Prep is aligned and has proven the power of CASEL and their program with program outcomes with student results! It is an evidence based company and Purpose Prep aligns with evidence based practices.
HOW BIG OR SMALL CAN MY SCHOOL BE FOR THE GRANT?
It doesn’t matter if it’s a classroom or entire school or district, we welcome all sizes of schools. Grants will be awarded in two different categories: Site and Districts:
- Tier 1 – 1-100 students
- Tier 2 – 101-250 students
- Tier 3 – 251-500 students
- Tier 4 – 501-1,000 students
- Tier 5 – 1,001-2,500 students
- Tier 6 – 2,500+ students
- Tier 1 – 100-500 students
- Tier 2 – 501-1,000 students
- Tier 3 – 1,001-5,000 students
- Tier 4 – 5,001-10,000 students
- Tier 5 – 10,001-50,000 students
- Tier 6 – 50,000+ students
HOW IS THE PROGRAM IMPLEMENTED?
The program has high levels of convertibility when it comes to implementing. Purpose Prep aligns to your best needs. Here are the main three: 1. complete elective credit. 2. Hybrid or blended within a homeroom, seminar or period for student development. 3. Tagged onto a core or elective curriculum for the first 5-15 minutes. Other ways can be before or after school, completely online, blended within other curriculum and more! Purpose Prep often will see where the school has room to fit the SEL framework and discovers how it will be used so it can implement seamlessly and without friction!
WHAT DOES AN EXAMPLE LESSON LOOK LIKE?
The curriculum is video based and is followed with “call to action” assignments per module that call the student to action to engage other stakeholders in the community to engage in healthy, meaningful and relationship based learning. Each video lesson is 1.5-5 minutes long usually averaging 3.5 minutes long and has 2-3 discussion questions embedded into the learning. It is followed up by a check on learning quiz and then each unit has an end of unit written article and response, assessment and parent, guardian and mentor involvement piece.
WHAT OTHER DETAIL MATTER?
The program will seek applications that will implement the program with fidelity and avidly seek to create learning spaces for young people that are innovative, open minded, filled with purpose and value compassion, inclusion, non-violence, restoration, safety and love. The Purpose Prep Content Suite seeks to transform education from just academics to a world infused with developing the whole child through the academic process. It seeks to empower schools and educators to implement programs that are relational in nature and nurtured by caring educators.
Send any additional questions about the RFP or application process to email@example.com
All proposals are welcome, although Compassionate Touch is also seeking proposals that specifically support one or more of the following student populations.
- Students disproportionately affected by behavior issues, suspensions or the juvenile justice system
- Students from underprivileged or underserved communities
- English learners
- Students of color and minorities
- School with high percentages of student population being of disadvantaged socioeconomic standing
- Students with learning disabilities
We will give priority and focus to projects that:
- Are focused primarily on student outcomes aligned to our program outcomes (as opposed to only adult outcomes)
- Demonstrate principal, school/district leader and peer educator support
- Are original and innovative, and build off of existing evidence-based practices or the science of learning
- Are able to be implemented during the 2019-20 school year
- Are sustainable and able to report on impact, testimonials and data / researched gathered from the program.
- Bring an orientation and analysis of racial, gender and/or social justice
- Utilize trauma-informed practices, implicit bias and culturally responsive approaches to teaching
- Are creating alternative and restorative practices of accountabilities
Our program will be opening up soon. To be added to the notification list please email firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line say “Sign our school up for the SEL grant!”